My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Friday, October 26, 2012

Deidres lovely handmade book





handmade book cover 
antique silk
maker *deidres mother

last saturday at the market one of my favourite market stall holders Deidre from the vegetarian curry stall,kindly brought this stunning artical in to show me. She had been telling me about it,how her mother cleverly made a cover for one of her books with these ancient scraps of chinese embroidered silk. As Deidres father dealt in antiques , she may well have come across these pieces in the back of a frame or in amongst a mixed box of valuables .....but its what she did with them that I love.
Deidre herself is a fine textile artist and its only right that she has this beauty in her care , I look forward to seeing her work inspired by it.
As a bit of an alchemist myself, putting discarded ephemera to a new purpose,I love to see other re-purposed artefacts.
Do click on the images to make them larger and have a lovely weekend.

If anyone reading this is able to visit me at my stall in the foyer of the Dock Arts Centre , Carrick-on-Shannon,this sunday from noon onwards , I would love to see you !!
I will be selling my handmade artist books , zines and new range of cards (prints of many of my drawings)
huntersmoon festival

4 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

A real treasure- thank you for sharing this;-)

Jane O Sullivan said...

you are most welcome annamaria, I am glad that you were inspired by it !
and thank you for taking the time to tell me , hope all is going well in your world :)

Ritva said...

that´s special!
a treat for the eye, thanks dear!

Jane O Sullivan said...

it is so lovely that I had to share it ,glad you liked it dear Ritva