My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

left handed life drawings



from my friends lovely 1930's book,love the sewn title on the book (an idea I would like to do)






I really am pleased with the sensitive lines in these drawings above that I did in the lifedrawing session yesterday.
The model who is also an artist, suggested I use my left hand as I was sort of a little lost and needed something to keep me going.
I dont know what it is, in your brain or how things feel so different when you use your left (or your non-dominant hand)
Its really an amazing feeling !

more of my life drawings

5 comments:

Ritva said...

yes, dear i know what you mean- i have tried it too :)
i also started (years ago) to write my letters from bottom to top. it´s refreshing!
all the best to you and your beautiful work!

Jane O Sullivan said...

ahh thank you Ritva !
I really do feel its a magical event -life drawing , I go in feeling always a little in awe of the model and the thought of drawing ,but something happens in the quite and serious atmostphere ....once I start , awkward and everything ....I get somewhere else that surprises me , that I actually did it !
I like the idea of writing bottom to top . I hope you are feeling better.

Ritva said...

hi dear, it´s you!
miss fortune picked you up :)
so i will send you this little present as soon as possible.

have a great weekend,
my treatments are half done, only 3 weeks left! :)

Unknown said...

This is extremely interesting this proces because reason cease to dominate the mind. Sometimes when I draw I put face-down and the truth is that is amazed how the mind is and how it works!
I like a lot your drawings! They are beautiful!

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello tati , and thank you for your insight ,do you mean to close your eyes when you draw ? ,I felt very different when drawing with my left hand,more powerful even :)