My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Friday, December 30, 2011

dark and light and inbetween (always)



 "They felt the rush of the sap in spring, they knew the wave which cannot halt, but every year throws forward the seed to begetting, and, falling back, leaves the young-born on the earth. They knew the intercourse between heaven and earth, sunshine drawn into the breast and bowels, the rain sucked up in the daytime, nakedness that comes under the wind in autumn, showing the birds' nests no longer worth hiding. Their life and inter-relations were such; feeling the pulse and body of the soil, that opened to their furrow for the grain, and became smooth and supple after their ploughing, and clung to their feet with a weight that pulled like desire, lying hard and unresponsive when the crops were shorn away. The young corn waved and was silken, and the lustre slid along the limbs of the men who saw it."
D.H Lawrence The Rainbow

sort of feeling the imensity of it all today .....I am reading dh.lawrence the rainbow ,it took me taking to the bed with a chill to start it but now I am riveted its so .....so ...... so.........stirring :)

interesting reading of Lawrence

3 comments:

Julia da Franca said...

oh how wonderful! need to read that too...
wish you a happy happy, healthy new year, cant wait to see more of your great artwork, love, julia

Unknown said...

i love those reindeer pics...i want one!
here's to a magical wonderful artistic new year!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thanks for your visit ladies
yep heres to a great new year for us all !