My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Thursday, March 17, 2011

channelling kate bush and trying to stay focused on the job in hand :)

kate bush
still from wuthering heights 1978





I am getting all my work together now and measuring for frames and what not....I missed the st.patricks parade to make the most of a quite house and the intense concentration that is so rare for me to find ......I have aimed to make all my final choices of work by this sunday in time for the full moon.
(I simply have to as I am overwhelmed with all the work I have ...edit edit edit.)
And then I have a little film to put together (top secret ) and the artists books to finalize ,my statement to write up and decide on an image for my invitation and probably back to the market next saturday altho it is still absolutely freezing but needs must :)
I have exactly seven weeks till my opening from today.
I am thrilled that a very special woman has agreed to open my show (that is giving me a tingle)
I am looking forward to meeting the lovely customers who come to my market stall and dont have a clue about my upcoming show and all the soul searching I m going through !! they just want to know if I will sell those lovely cups for any less.

I was having a little break earlier and decided to re-visit the wonderous Kate Bush singing wuthering heights SO many years ago.
She is still one of my favourite artists and has remained challenging and single mindedly individual for over 30 years .
Love her ;)
I will NEVER forget being stunned by her when I saw her on telly when I was still at school.
Kate Bush original 1978 video for wuthering heights (european)
this one I LOVE even more....(american)
Read about Kate Bushs one and only ever tour (amazing )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :D

Jane O Sullivan said...

hi there to you :)