My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

looking backwards to find my way to come





all work above 2008-2009

we are suspended in deep whiteness and cold at the moment and it has made me feel both melancholic and strangely euphoric ...all very otherworldly atmospheres are very near to me as I look out of my window.
I was looking back at some of my older work , some that I have never shown here and it gives me hope that I WILL be able to find my thread again .
I am impatient to resume drawing as the making of artefacts is over now (for a few months~) THANK YOU so so so much all the people who came out and supported me at the market stall which I enjoyed more than ever this year xx
I am joyful to now have a bit more time to make some things for me !!)

4 comments:

Laura said...

i know how you feel. a few weeks or months (with time flying-who knows?) i was scrolling through my flickr and thought-some of these drawings are actually pretty good...it gave me the boost i needed and also the important lesson to chronicle your work.

you are so talented and gifted- i cannot wait to see more of your work.

Jane O Sullivan said...

dear laura
thank you so much for your comment it has gladdened my (melancholic) heart

Julia da Franca said...

jane, it always feels so good and inspiring, to take a look at your beautiful work! i think a melancholic heart is sometimes very helpful, as long as it doesn't turn into a sad one. i wish you all the best, always curious about your posts/work/words/dresses.

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you julia your interest is lovely
good luck you !