My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, November 22, 2010

poetic musings ....







the last few days have been bright bright bright and the full moon last evening was splendid .
I am thinking a little towards my solo show next may , and what I will call it ....
she grows her own shadow
those without shadows
the embroidered sleep......hmmmm, I am sure I will change my mind 100 times again.
I am being helped by Rilke the poet and Gaston Bachelards book the poetics of space , which I havent put down in three years , so deep and rich that it sounds different ,looks new every time I read it.
I was delighted to belatedly come across the moon and the sledgehammer (an amazing forgotten film)
this film will be screened at the douglas hyde gallery trinity college dublin my absolute favourite art galley this thursday go go go go (if you can)also on show at the gallery is the first solo show in Ireland of swedish artist jockum nordstrom ( I am going to see this exhibition no matter what !)

5 comments:

Shelky Bean said...

oh dear...those feathers are a little worrying....did the dogs get an unsuspecting bird...or were you fluffing pillows outside ? :D

Jane O Sullivan said...

neither !
they are floating feathers on the riverbank where a colony of geese and swans live and I guess they are ones that just were surplus to requirements !

nath said...

Jane! nice shoes! also i am hunting around and i can't find your address! help!

nath said...

hallo again. the first two drawings speak to me. i especially love the top one. have you been doing life drawings? lucky thing. XXX

Jane O Sullivan said...

hello nath :)
thank you for your visits , they are always so welcomed , yes ......life drawing is something I love to do .
I go to a untutored life class which means we have a fab model (a dancer) who poses for us and we just get on with it , we do about x 6 two min drawings , 10 mins ...then a few 20 min poses when we get a bit loosened up.
i find it very challenging and it makes me really focus