My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

today it is wednesday

song for edith holden
ink and oil pastel on tissue paper
2010forgive
ink acrylic and fabric on papertwighlight town
henrietta adams 1920tinderbox (duh !)oh.....a totally narcissistic image of my little tin and me :)

alls well,.....and I am enjoying just being and not doing much ........ , my energy is returning slowly, I got excited on my return from a 5 mile cycle... (I assure you I was being with the whole feeling of cycling... I wasnt doing it you see)...... seeing the connections between my red clogs ,the red on the little tin and my lovely sprouting forsythia twiglets.
I am lucky to be able to show some work again with tinderbox , the collective that I am a proud member of. I cant go up to Dublin this time but a little blue horse and edith holden will ably represent me .Good luck with the show all at tinderbox.
Oh B.T.W....if you would like to see some more photos of the recent tinderbox picture show click here :)

I love supermarket sarah she is the bomb :)

13 comments:

Shayna said...

Hi Jane ~ I adore "Song for Edith Holden". I could not help but feel cheered to see your wonderfully festive garments as you hold those dear tinned twiglets ~.~

Jane O Sullivan said...

dear shayna ...I am glad that you called by
thank you for your very welcome thoughts ....I felt very festive today and cheerful :)

Cendrine said...

I love your way to wear beautiful colored dresses Jane ! (I'm in love with dresses too)
Your two new works are amazing... :)
The Tinderbox show looks tremendous and I would like to see it in real life, you know. I feel hungry to have a real show too.

Congratulations for all !

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you cendrine !
but in truth ,these two pieces are not super new , I am finding it very hard to make new work at the moment .......but it is a great feeling to know that my work will be out there (for three days )...at the group show .
I would LOVE to have a proper solo show of my work (one day .........)
you are always making new work ...I think you are the best !
yay for dresses :)

Ritva said...

i just want to tell you i´m totally in love with your style!
in a hurry now- but i´ll be back to enjoy :)
hugs!

Laura said...

omg- when i was little girl growing up in kansas my grandmother has the edwardian lady country diary and i LOVED pouring through it....thanks jane for your lovely painting and for reviving this long forgotten memory:)

ps-please be more narcissistic- i love seeing your fashionista sensibilities:) beautiful!

Jane O Sullivan said...

oh ...its so lovely to get this feedback , I feel SO lucky ......
hello ritva , are you hurrying along like the white rabbit in Alice :)...nice to hear from you .
Hello Laura , glad you liked my new version of song for edith holden (I have so many more drawings and work around this woman .....fingers crossed that I am able to make some of them at least ) and I will certainly keep you updated with my satorial choces ...to be honest its only on saturdays at the market that anyone else even see them :)....well I guess the trees , the dogs and the few people round here do !

Laura said...

my fingers are crossed!:)

I like paints said...

I love,love,love 'song for edith holden' its beautiful!

Jane O Sullivan said...

oh....thanks so much eleanor ...that means a lot to me coz I think your work is totally brilliant :)

Kickcan & Conkers said...

I love the Edith Holden work - beautiful colours and composition!

Jane O Sullivan said...

thank you so miss lovely deb :)

Fine Little Day said...

Lovely tissue drawing Jane :)