My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Sunday, August 16, 2009

you have to leave so you can return and on and on it goes........

princess in the nativity set at the graveyard of an industrial school Letterfrack .Connemara
magic flowers on Renvyle beach
spoons from avoca (um , chi chi shop a bit expensive )
peter doig man floating on the sea for hours and hours and...:( coming home
....just got back yesterday from the family holidays.
At this stage it seems like an essential pilgrimage to the same spot in connemara....oh how we were tested in our love for her this year ! ......I thank god for the days that I could feel free ,swim in the sea and for the rest of the damp and very windy days , I am thankful that our camp didn't blow away and that we are all still friends .
Highlights were seeing a man diligently elegant, paddling his surf board for hours and hours straight out of a Peter Doig painting, ....the opalescent oval stones on the beach, three beaches from us, hearing the sea as we slept in the tent awning, and talking with old friends.
Now we are home and it all seems different again.....something new is about to begin......... ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm addicted to your blog! It's lovely, innocent, refreshing and beautiful!keep writing!!!Keep blogging!!! Keep drawing,painting, collaging etc!!!Lovely photos of Renvyle and da sea potatoes! Beautiful colours. Ooooo Jane girl you have IT!!! Love to all.xxx Can't wait to return........

Jane O Sullivan said...

oh oh ...thank you so much. what a fantastic comment ............I will , I promise :)