My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Sunday, April 12, 2009

um..........happy easter everyone


ceramic flower tree
ink,vintage wallpaper,watercolour and pencil on gessoed board
2008

lapins from the amazing Parisian taxidermist Deyrolle

I had a fabulous day ,tidying and gardening and eating and cycling and walking but not drawing and that makes me a small bit sad. These lapins I adore them , I was in the shop Deyrolle in Paris,a couple of years ago, and it is amazing ,sadly they had a fire this year and if I had half a brain you could read all about it with a super slick link...but I cannot do anything taxing (I DID not say taxidermisting !) until after june when I will have completed my degree ,until then its like I am in intensive care (yes it is that touch and go),
TOMMOROW I WILL DRAW LOADS OF AMAZING THINGS,,,,yes I will , really, easter holidays are a busy time ,not conducive to solitary drawing but very good for wearing bright blue and yellow (which I was) and a dear elderly neighbour said she,d take a photo of me if she had a camera ! and the palpable general bonhomie atmostphere of "can do" in our village today.
The drawing I posted was in Catalyst Arts exhibition last year and I kind of miss it. Fingers crossed that they have found it by my next post .
Oh..and if you are reading this I just want to send out some love and a big high five to all my friends even the ones I havent yet met in person ! ,your support is so appreciated.(you all know who you are )Thanks for the comments ,they kind of keep me going when I feel all alone . (you know...art does that to you,seems its all a part of the process ) xxx Jane ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

No comments: