My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Monday, July 28, 2008

its all happening in the kitchen ! mantua arts space badge art show opening july 19th






tabnab tree drawing with collaged element
pen on paper july 2008

I was pleased to be a part of the badge art show because it just felt so real and funny and I had no idea of what to expect, only I just knew it was for me. I can,t post the images of my art work yet coz they are so small, but I will when I get them back and I,ll scan them ,they are carbon drawings.I was inspired by tiny scenes out of a vintage childs storybook about the circus.....BUT LITTLE DID I KNOW THE REAL REASON I FOUND MYSELF IN MANTUA with a little trepidation, I found the mantua artspace ,in an old garda barracks down the Elphin road in very rural Roscommon. It is another world entirely and run by the sweetest people. After a warm welcome from Carolann (hi!x) I saw the show, which was curated by Nathalia from stitchypress (see their myspace page ) There was a giant washing line installedin the gallery space ,with the badges pinned to pants and socks . It looked well. Anyways ,I badly needed tea so Nathalia ensured we ie. me and Richeal (aka shelkybean,fellow contributor to the show ) got some. Thanks lovely Nathalia.
It was then that I found these wonderful cute tablemats ,super inspiring .They will no doubt make there presence felt in time... I will post a link to the Badge Art Show show when they have documented it.

No comments: