My dear blog serves as an archive for my work.Please go to my instagram page for up to date images.

My photo
I am an artist living and working in the West of Ireland. I make drawings,clothes,ZINES and artists books,short films and beloved objects. I have a stall at the Saturday Galway Market (from early february approx through till the last saturday before christmas) ...... if you would like to contact me further please email queenjaneosullivan (at)gmail(dot)com Thanks for visiting !

Sunday, July 06, 2008

"the faculty of wonder..........


the woman on the plate
ink and gouache on paper may 2008


...,like curiosity, can make things happen,it is time for wishful thinking to have its due "
I like that ,its a quote from the wonderful Marina Warner and its in her book Beast to Blonde: on fairytales and their tellers
When its all been said ,there has to be somewhere else , somewhere ,somehow,......
It may be in the scenes on old china plates, its definately to be found in my old books, particularly in Alyonuska by Igor Yershov,

No comments: